In SAP, each employee holds a position. Each position reports to a designated supervisor’s position. To request a change in the reporting relationship to a new supervisor’s position, please complete the Supervisor Change Request Form. This form is located under the Organizational Management header on the Human Resources Master Data Center web page located at http://www.hr.txstate.edu/hrmasterdatacenter.html. In order to complete the form, please refer to the information found by accessing the impacted employee’s PA20 records.
The supervisor should be the person who supervises and approves the work hours for the employee. To request a change in the reporting relationship to a new supervisor’s position, please complete the Supervisor Change Request Form. This form is located under the Organizational Management header on the Human Resources Master Data Center web page located at http://www.hr.txstate.edu/hrmasterdatacenter.html.
It is imperative that supervisor changes be implemented in a timely fashion. Any released time prior to the implementation cannot be rerouted. The time administrator for the department would then need to approve time entries for the employee(s).
Yes, you can access the SAP transaction P013D – Display Position
This transaction allows users to display data for positions in their organizations. The enterprise structure assigned to a position includes information critical to every aspect of Human Resources management within SAP. The enterprise structure includes personnel area, personnel subarea, employee group, employee subgroup and planned compensation for vacant positions only. Positions must be assigned at least one element from each of the groups in the enterprise structure.
Dates are reflected as begin and end dates.
NOTE: SAP transaction PO13D contains data only in the Active tab
At the SAP Easy Access Menu enter transaction PO13D in the white text box and click the green check or press the Enter key on your keyboard
The Display Position screen will populate
Enter the Position Number in the Position field and click the green check
NOTE: Plan version field will always populate Current plan – do not change
This will display information about the position – each infotype* containing information has a green check next to it. *Infotype ‐ similar group of information (object, relationships, planned compensation, vacancy, account assignment, employee group/subgroup, cost distribution).
Select the infotype you want to review by clicking in the left box next to the infotype title.
After selecting the infotype, click on either the eyeglasses or mountain icon
You will be able to view information on the following info types:
• Indicates the job title for the position
• Reports ‐ to whom does the position report to
• Holders ‐ persons who have held the position and the dates that they have the position
• Organization ‐ what organization the position belongs to
• Master Cost Center – The master cost center for the position
• Description – What job describes the position
Planned Compensation (1005):
• The maximum amount that the position is budgeted to be paid. This amount is determined at
the time the position was created or with the salary of the last person who held the position
• Open (Vacant) means the position is vacant; there is no holder
• Filled/On Hold means the position is held by someone
(Done by PCR actions to hire and separate employees)
Account Assignment (1008):
• Personnel Area ‐ Division to which the position belongs
• Personnel Subarea ‐ distinguishes whether the position is fulltime or part‐time and benefits eligibility
Employee Group/Subgroup (1013):
• Employee Group indicates whether the position is Staff, faculty, student, etc.
• Employee Subgroup indicates whether the position is for 12 month or less than 12 month appointments and whether exempt or non‐exempt.
Cost Distribution (1018):
• Indicates from where the position is budgeted to be paid. Generally, this is the same as the
person, with the primary exceptions being individuals paid from grants.
Tips and Tricks:
• Select the “All” radio button on the right side of the screen under “Time period” to see all
entries for each info type
• Select the mountain with the sun icon (known as overall view) to view all the information in the info type
• Select the display icon (eyeglasses) to view only the latest data in the info type
• After selecting the overall view (previous bullet) select the row that you want to view the detail
and click the magnifying glass
• Relationships are best viewed by using overall view
Obtaining a new ten digit cost center from the Accounting Office for the new organizational unit/department
Identifying which employees will move from their existing organizational unit to the new unit
Identifying who will manage the organizational unit (designated CHIEF)
Identifying reporting relationship (who will the new organizational unit to)
Routing an administrative memorandum, approved by your Vice President, to Human Resources. This memorandum will need to explain the reason for the change and other pertinent information relating to the move.
The costing on the position almost always needs to match the costing on the person. Anytime a Change in Cost Distribution PCR is initiated for a person and it is a permanent change, you need to email Katie Bonner, KB1367@txstate.edu, to change the costing on the position. If the costing on the position and the person do not match, the costing will revert to the costing on the position when it is vacated. Once completed, the changes require an overnight run to correct the encumbrances. Check the report the following day and verify data.