Posting a Position
Keep in Mind:
- Veterans Preference in Employment
- Titles Requiring Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Hiring of NSNR Temporary Employees
- GMS Relocation Services Request Form
- Employment Preference for Former Foster Youth
Staff Search Committees:
- Search Committee Member Instructions for Logging On in EASY
- Procedures Staff Search Committees (used for hiring of upper management)
Screening the Right Candidate
- Interview Guide
- Physical Skills Assessment Testing
- Supervisor’s Guide for Drug, Alcohol, and Performance Altering Substance Testing
- Individualized Assessment Form
- HireRight Electronic I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and E-Verify
- Obtain a Background Inquiry Release from interviewed applicants (salaried)
- DPS Computerized Criminal History (CCH) Verification (hourly)
Making the Offer
- Sample Employment Letters: Templates available to communicate with applicants and potential candidates through the hiring process.
- N.E.W Employee Onboarding: Manager's Steps: Use to guide departmental hiring managers through university best practices for onboarding a new employee.
- N.E.W. Employee Onboarding: Administrative Steps: Use to guide administrative staff through the required steps for processing new employees.
- N.E.W. Website