July 2 – August 10 is your annual opportunity to make changes to your benefits without experiencing a qualifying life event.
July 16 – July 27: in an effort to help ERS provide better customer service to all members, ERS has assigned a two week phase for each agency to make annual enrollment changes online. You will be able to make changes any time between July 2 – August 10 (until 7 pm), but encourage you to make your change online during our assigned phase of July 16 – July 27.
HealthSelect and UnitedHealthcare Transition Meetings
ERS will conduct HealthSelect Information Sessions
daily in Austin from July 16 through August 10. At the HealthSelect Information Sessions, you’ll learn how you can enroll in the various HealthSelect wellness programs. You can meet UnitedHealthcare representatives, pick up the new wellness program fliers, and listen to a presentation about:
- how to enroll in the health and wellness programs;
- the new HealthSelect Health4Me mobile app;
- the new nurseline; and
- your online resources.
If you do not need to make any changes, your current coverage and TexFlex will automatically continue.
ERS Online Login – click here to make your AEN changes online (closes at 7 pm on 8/10/12).
How to request your ERS password – enter in your ERS username you created.
How to request your ERS username – verify your personal information and ERS will email it to you. If you have not created an ERS username, you will need to register your account.
New changes this year:
- There are no changes to copays, coinsurance, or deductibles for Plan Year 2013.
- Starting 9/1/2012, UnitedHealthcare will administer the HealthSelect of Texas plan. (Group #744260)
- The university will continue to pay 100% of health insurance premiums for full-time employees and 50% for part-time employees. However, health premiums will increase.
- Community First HMO will no longer require members to get referrals to specialists; however, you are still required to designate a primary care physician (PCP).
- Scott & White HMO does not require members to designate a PCP or get referrals to specialists.
- This is an Open Enrollment for medical coverage, so you and your eligible dependents can enroll in a HMO or in HealthSelect with no evidence of insurability (EOI) required.
- Optional Term Life rates will decrease 10%.
- Long-term disability (LTD) insurance waiting period changes from 90 to 180 days. If you are currently enrolled in LTD, you may enroll in short-term disability with no evidence of insurability (this summer only).
- When you make benefit changes, you will be asked to certify that each of your dependent children is eligible for GBP coverage. New dependent children cannot be enrolled until the certification is completed.
- You will also be asked to certify if you or your dependents use tobacco.
- A confirmation will be emailed to you the next business day after your change has been entered in ERS Online. If no email address is on file, the confirmation notice will be mailed to your home address.
- Active Employee Guide
- Retiree Guide
- 2012 - 2013 Insurance Premiums
- Plan Year 2013 Rates
Overview of Insurance Benefits : medical, dental, life and disability
HealthSelect – UnitedHealthcare is the new third party plan administrator on September 1, 2012
Caremark – HealthSelect’s pharmacy benefits manager
Community First – HMO
Scott & White – HMO
Dental Comparison Chart: Humana Dental (no changes to dental benefits this year)
Minnesota Life : basic term life, optional term life and dependent term life
Dearborn National: accidental death, short-term disability and long-term disability
TexFlex – Flexible Spending Accounts
ERS: News About Your Benefits - Are you signed up to receive ERS news updates? By signing up to receive the ERS e-newsletter, News About Your Benefits, you can stay informed about important changes and events that may affect your ERS coverage. News about annual enrollment and other important ERS events are emailed to make sure youare aware of any potential deadlines. Signing up is easy. Simply follow this link https://service.govdelivery.com/service/subscribe.html?code=TXERS_45 and enter your email address. Don’t miss out on important information from ERS!
FORMS for AEN:
Evidence of Insurability Application (EOI)
- Agency Name - Texas State University
- Agency # - 0754 (no district/region number)
- Apply from June 1 to August 10, 2012 (applications must be post-marked by August 10)
- If you would like to add or increase life insurance, send application to Minnesota Life.
- If you would like to enroll in short-term or long-term disability, send application to Dearborn National (if you are already enrolled in long-term disability, you can automatically enroll in short-term disability in ERS Online without having to go through EOI this summer.)
- Employees Retirement System (ERS) – 1-877-275-4377
- HealthSelect/UnitedHealthcare – 1-866-336-9371
- Humana Dental – 1-877-377-0987
- Dearborn National – EOI Application Status – 1-855-377-5433
- Minnesota Life – EOI Application Status – 1-877-494-1716
- TexFlex (PayFlex) – 1-866-353-9839
- Texas State HR Benefits Office – 512-245-2557 or email@example.com