Destination Wellness: Personal Health Manager
As a HealthSelect participant registered with Blue Access® for Members, you have access to the Personal Health Manager, an online resource and information tool that helps you manage your health. The Personal Health Manager can be found under "My Health" in Blue Access for Members.
In the Personal Health Manager, you and each of your covered family members can:
- Earn Rewards! Each time you track a fitness workout, report a meal, read and rate an article or recipe, or use other parts of the "For Your Health" section, you earn Blue PointsSM for rewards — fitness gear, airline miles, and small electronics to name just a few.
- Set up a personal health record to track and manage your family's health.
- Ask questions through Ask a Nurse, Ask a Trainer, Ask a Dietitian and Ask a Life Coach and receive responses from experts.
- Access online content such as health and medication information, wellness tracking tools, videos and interactive tutorials.
- Receive wellness and condition-specific information via secured messaging to help you manage your health. Receive alerts for screening tests and set up reminders for medical appointments and medication refills.
- Complete the Health Risk Assessment, research symptoms, investigate treatment options or prescription drugs and their side effects, learn about nutritious meal planning and more.
Learn more on how to complete the Health Risk Assessment and earn Blue Points.
Be Active, Have Fun, Get Fit – HealthSelect Fitness Program
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) makes it easier with the Fitness Program, the latest feature from Blue Care Connection®. Available exclusively to BCBSTX members and their covered dependents (age 18 and older), the Fitness Program provides:
- Flexible membership, no long-term contract required. Enroll for a one-time fee of $25 and $25 per month*
- Easy online enrollment; automatic monthly payment withdrawal
- Blue PointsSM ** — Earn 2,500 Blue Points for joining the Fitness Program, then up to 400 points per week when you swipe your Fitness Program membership card at a participating gym. Redeem your points for fitness items, electronics, and much more. (NOTE: It may take up to 60 days for Blue Points to appear in your account within the Personal Health Manager)
- Unlimited access to a nationwide network of participating fitness centers and select YMCA locations
How to Get Started
Log in to your Blue Access for MembersSM account. Click the My Health tab to find the Fitness Program button. Use this link to search for participating locations and complete your enrollment.
You can also enroll by calling (888) 762-BLUE (2583), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., in any U.S. time zone.