Blood drives save thousands of lives annually. We are proud to coordinate the Texas State Blood Drive on campus with the help of We are Blood (formerly The Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas).
Details of our upcoming blood drive and the ways you can help are provided below. If you recently donated blood or are scheduled to donate blood, Professional Development and We Are Blood thank you on behalf of the patients whose lives you may have touched.
For questions about donating, please contact 5.7899 or We Are Blood at 512.206.1108.
To schedule your appointment:
To be able to donate, you must:
- eat a full meal;
- provide a photo ID;
- be at least 17 years old;
- weigh at least 115 lbs. to donate whole blood;
- weigh at least 110 lbs. to donate platelets;
- be in good health.
- Time spent donating blood is entered as “Blood Donor Leave” in the SAP Portal.
- Employees are entitled to donate blood 4 times per fiscal year (UPPS 04.04.30).
Other ways to help:
- If you have been told previously by a blood center that you should never donate blood, you can still help save lives by spreading the word about the importance of blood donation.
- Please forward this message to family, friends and associates and encourage them to become life saving blood donors.