Instructor-led workplace safety training is provided by Human Resources. Classes are scheduled directly with the supervisors of employees who require this training and is conducted monthly – there is no need for advance registration.
If this training is not currently offered to you and you have questions about attending, please request that your supervisor contact: Margie Cameron, Human Resources Training Specialist at TrainingOffice@txstate.edu
- Those who perform maintenance, grounds, custodial, electrical, plumbing and other facilities-related duties and other non-office related functions.
- Any employee whose work might include fall risks, health hazards, muscular/skeletal injuries and more. Employees working in these types of jobs are considered general industry employees.
- The University is required to provide this training annually for all general industry workers.
This training complies with the following regulations and Accident Prevention Plans:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 U.S.C. 655), OSHA Regulations (29 CFR Standard 1910)
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 6,Food, Drugs, Alcohol and Hazardous substances, Subtitle D, Hazardous Substances Chapter 502,Hazard Communication Act.
- Requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance due to participation in the Worker’s Compensation Program administered by the University’s Worker’s Compensation Insurance Carrier, the State Office of Risk Management (SORM).
Training Courses Offered
- Accident Prevention, Risk Analysis, and Worker's Compensation
- Asbestos Awareness
- Back Safety and Safe Lifting Practices
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Other Potentially Infectious Materials
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Drug Free Workplace, Tobacco Free Campus and Bobcat Balance
- Electrical Safety and Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Fall Prevention
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Procedures
- First Aid and Post Injury/Illness Procedures
- Heat Stress, Nature and Weather Hazards
- Ladder, Scaffold, Lift and Stairway Safety
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment