Workplace Safety Training
Instructor-led workplace safety training is provided by Human Resources. Classes are scheduled directly with the supervisors of employees who require this training and is conducted monthly – there is no need for advance registration.
If this training is not currently offered to you and you have questions about attending, please request that your supervisor contact: Margie Cameron, Human Resources Training Specialist at TrainingOffice@txstate.edu
- Those who perform maintenance, grounds, custodial, electrical, plumbing and other facilities-related duties and other non-office related functions.
- Any employee whose work might include fall risks, health hazards, muscular/skeletal injuries and more. Employees working in these types of jobs are considered general industry employees.
- The University is required to provide this training annually for all general industry workers.
This training complies with the following regulations and Accident Prevention Plans:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 U.S.C. 655), OSHA Regulations (29 CFR Standard 1910)
- Texas Health and Safety Code, Title 6,Food, Drugs, Alcohol and Hazardous substances, Subtitle D, Hazardous Substances Chapter 502,Hazard Communication Act.
- Requirements of the Texas Department of Insurance due to participation in the Worker’s Compensation Program administered by the University’s Worker’s Compensation Insurance Carrier, the State Office of Risk Management (SORM).