7 Habits of Highly Effective People®
DATE: Five Half Days on Tuesdays: Oct. 31, Nov. 7, Nov. 14, Nov. 21, and Nov. 28
TIME: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
LOCATION: JCK 460
Presenter: Dr. Barbara Sanders, Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Therapy; Certified Facilitator with FranklinCovey
Discover balance and greater satisfaction in your life. Develop stronger, more rewarding relationships. Make things happen.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® helps individuals:
- enhance their leadership abilities and reach their full potential,
- develop strong relationships based on mutual trust,
- choose the best ways to help others focus on critical priorities, and
- be prepared to deal with difficult circumstances before they happen.
Low effectiveness has a universal impact. Productivity survey results show that many people are not thriving in their daily lives. They have no clarity around their most important priorities. They suffer from a loss of passion and feel bogged down and distracted as they experience some or all of the following dilemmas:
- People have too many competing priorities.
- They can’t identify key goals and, therefore, don’t get the results they want.
- Individuals see no clear way to have greater influence.
- Relationships lack open communication.
- Crises are often reacted to with impulsive, less-than-effective decisions.
- A plan for the day rarely happens.
- Rewards of working are low.
Everyone can learn to be highly effective. When individuals succeed, companies succeed. When people achieve objectives, they influence others to achieve their objectives also. That’s why The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® workshop has been so successful—when people are effective, they build better relationships, which helps their organization succeed.
This course could qualify for 21 CPE credits through the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Personal Effectiveness.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.