DATE: Dec. 7
TIME: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
LOCATION: JCK 460/Avery 365 (streaming at Round Rock)
Presenter: Ms. LynnAnn Brewer, Employment Manager, Human Resources
This is an informative and interactive workshop for hiring managers about employment constraints and practices at Texas State University. Components of this workshop include:
- Federal and state laws that influence employment,
- Texas State University’s employment policies and procedures,
- Recruitment and advertising strategies and methods,
- Screening resumes for required and preferred qualifications
- Constructing behavioral interview questions and conducting robust interviews,
- Scoring applicants using the hiring matrix, and
- Finalizing a successful hire!
The workshop will include exercises, group-work, and Q-and-A throughout for an immersive experience.
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
"LynnAnn was great. Very knowledgeable and informative. Able to communicate on all levels and make the information relevant."