DATE: Nov. 15 or Nov. 16
TIME: 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. | 8:30 a.m - 10:30 a.m.
LOCATION: JCK 460/Avery 365 (streaming at Round Rock) | JCK 460
Presenter: Ms. Kris Toma, University Archivist and Records Manager, Information Technology
This workshop is designed to give you the tools you need to make informed decisions about managing your records.
We will review the basic concepts of records management:
- Introduction to records management
- Texas records laws and responsibilities
- The difference between records and non-records
- How to request disposition of records
- Finding common records on the Records Retention Schedule
- Explanation of event-based retention periods
- A brief introduction to creating useful filing systems
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.
"It was great! Concise overview of process and good tips for keeping the process easy."