DATE: Nov. 13 or Nov. 14
TIME: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. | 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
LOCATION: JCK 460/Avery 365 (streaming at Round Rock) | JCK 460
Presenter(s): Information Security Analysts in Information Security Office: Mr. JD Moore and Mr. Rick Myers
Mobile and smart devices (cell phones, tablets, laptops, PDAs, USB storage, etc.) have become the norm. These devices connect us to our email and store our data. Even with all of their positive benefits, these devices have additional risks that are greater than your average desktop computer. The IT Security team will help guide you through the following areas:
- Best practices for securing your mobile device
- What to do if you lose a mobile device
- Personal devices and the work environment - things to consider
- Methods for safely handling your mobile device(s)
- Securely connecting to university resources with your mobile device
- How to select a smart device that is security smart
Our goal is to help provide you with an improved and safer mobile computing experience.
This course could qualify for 1.5 CPE credits through the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop in the Course Catalog under Organizational Excellence.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks prior and closes 1 week prior.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.