Benefits Updates Related to COVID-19
- Free counseling through Bobcat Balance is available presently through virtual visits and counselors are available 24/7. Call Bobcat Balance at (855) 884-7224 or visit the Bobcat Balance website to find out more about the Bobcat Balance program.
- If medical telehealth is performed through MDLIVE, Doctor on Demand, or a provider’s telehealth service and is related to a the COVID-19 diagnosis, the services that are in-network will be at $0 cost-share for all the BCBSTX HealthSelect plans, including Consumer Directed HealthSelect.
- Visit ERS to find out more about telehealth and other updates related to COVID-19: ERS Website
State of Texas Vision:
- State of Texas Vision participants can now order glasses or contacts online and apply their vision benefits in one convenient step. | The plan’s provider network includes Glasses.com, 1-800 Contacts, along with ContactsDirect.com. Participants can order eyeglasses or contacts and apply their vision benefits to their purchase instead of submitting a claim later for reimbursement.
- WageWorks and the Employees Retirement System of Texas are committed to providing participants with continued access to their TexFlex benefits during this unique time. As part of that commitment, we’ve extended the time you have to substantiate a debit card swipe. You will now have an additional 90-days (or 180 days from the date of the card purchase) to provide your documentation to WageWorks. Please note, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) still requires that we verify all debit card charges are for eligible expenses. This change gives you more time to submit your documentation. If you have questions about your debit card or the substantiation process, please log in to your TexFlex account or contact TexFlex Customer Care toll-free at (844) 884-2364 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and medicines no longer require a doctor’s prescription in order to be paid for or reimbursed through an FSA. | This means that participants in a health FSA can now use the benefit to pay for OTC items like cold medicine, allergy medicine and pain relievers, without having to make an extra trip to the doctor to receive a prescription. This new guideline is effective immediately and is retroactive to January 1, 2020.
- Menstrual care products are now eligible to be paid for or reimbursed through an FSA, HRA or HSA. | This will allow participants in health FSAs to use their benefit to pay for menstrual care products, as they will now be considered qualified expenses. This new guideline is effective immediately and is retroactive to January 1, 2020.
- While WellCats services will not be held at any campus location for the fall semester, wellness information and resources can always be found on the WellCats website. WellCats also invites faculty and staff to browse their YouTube channel for content on nutrition, physical activity, health behaviors and more.
- You can also join The Virtual Studio on Facebook or the WellCats website for virtual workouts and discussions.
- Campus Recreation: Fitness & Wellness is providing virtual opportunities for example FREE on demand workouts you can access at any time. Fall 2020 GroupX schedule starts August 24th. Visit their website for updates.
To view our new hours of operation please visit: Facility Hours.
For most up-to-date information in regards to Covid-19 and the SRC visit: the SRC updates website