Skip to Content

Insurance Programs

Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS)

ERS is the agency that manages health insurance plans for state employees, retirees and their dependents. Below are quick links to help you better understand your benefits.

ERS login/account instructions

Health Insurance

Choose between HealthSelect of Texas, Consumer Directed HealthSelect or HMO. Learn more.

Dental Insurance

Choose between Humana Dental DHMO coverage, State of Texas Dental Choice PPO coverage and State of Texas Dental Discount plan. Learn more.

Life Insurance

Both Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance are available. Learn more.

Disability Insurance

Texas Income Protection Plan (TIPP) offers short-term and long-term disability coverage. Learn more.

Vision Insurance

The State of Texas Vision Plan is available to employees, retirees and their eligible dependents.

Graduate Student Insurance

Certain graduate students qualify to participate in the employee group insurance program. Find out more here.

Prescription Drug Information

Learn more about the HealthSelect of Texas Prescription Drug Program and find the best cost for your prescription drug needs with the Prescription Plan Comparison.

Children's Insurance (CHIP)

Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage through the Children's Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) or Children’s Medicaid. More information available here.

TexFlex Flexible Spending Accounts

A TexFlex flexible spending account (FSA) lets you set aside money from your paycheck, pre-tax, to use for eligible out-of-pocket expenses. You can contribute to a health care and/or day care account.

Affordable Care Act

affordable care act

Affordable Care Act Form 1095-C has been mailed!

If you were enrolled in Texas State health insurance in 2017, you will receive IRS Form 1095-C from the University. 

The purpose of this form is to report to the IRS which months you were offered and/or enrolled in health coverage. This information is needed to file your 2017 tax return, although you don’t have to submit the form with your taxes. Just keep it for your records.

The form was mailed to your home address on file in Human Resources.

More information about Form 1095-C is available here. Other questions may be directed to

Expand or Collapse all.