2021 Summer Insurance Enrollment
ERS Summer Insurance Enrollment Phase
June 21 - July 23: is your annual opportunity to make changes to your benefits without experiencing a qualifying life event.
Texas State Summer Insurance Enrollment Phase
June 21 – July 3: In an effort to help ERS provide better customer service to all members, ERS has assigned a two-week phase for each agency to make annual enrollment changes online. You will be able to make changes any time between June 21 - July 23 (until 5 p.m.), but encourage you to make your change online during our assigned phase of June 21 – July 3.
Summer Insurance Enrollment Fair - Gone Virtual!
ERS will host summer enrollment webinars and benefits Q&A sessions with benefit plan providers. Join one (or many) summer enrollment sessions online from your computer. View the ERS Enrollment Events calendar to see a schedule of sessions and to add them to your personal calendar.
How to make changes?
Once you are logged in to your ERS Online account, select “Benefits Enrollment” to begin making changes. Be sure to finalize your election choices. You will receive an email confirmation from ERS confirming your enrollment choices. If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please log in to confirm your changes were submitted.
Summer Insurance Enrollment changes must be made by 5 p.m. central time 7/23/2021
PY 2022 Information
Brief Overview of Changes:
- HMO plans are discontinued as of 9/1/2021. Employees (and dependents) enrolled in an HMO will automatically be moved to HealthSelect of Texas. No action is required unless you plan to make other changes.
- Decrease in premiums for the State of Texas Vision plan
- Slight increase in premiums for State of Texas Dental Choice plan
- Increase in rate for long-term disability coverage
- Commuter Spending Accounts are discontinued as of 9/1/2021
- PayFlex will take over as administrator for the TexFlex flexible spending account program effective 9/1/2021
- The federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 has changed rules for flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for 2021. All unused funds from Plan Year 2021 TexFlex health care, dependent care and limited-purpose FSAs will be carried over to Plan Year 2022. There is no minimum or maximum carryover amount, and there is no 2021 grace period for dependent care accounts.
- The university will continue to pay 100% of health insurance premiums for full-time employees (75%-100% FTE) and 50% for part-time employees (50%-74% FTE).
- A confirmation will be emailed to you the next business day after your change has been entered in ERS Online. If no email address is on file, the confirmation notice will be mailed to your home address.
- Evidence of Insurability will be required to add (or increase coverage) to the following benefit plans:
- Optional term life insurance
- Dependent term life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
Visit the ERS Website to sign up for ERS related newsletters. Find out about insurance changes, summer enrollment reminders, and more!
- Contact ERS directly to make your Annual Enrollment changes.If you are retired and Medicare eligible you and your covered dependents will have an Annual Enrollment in November. Find more information on the ERS Retirees website.
- Return to Work Retirees – Retiree vs. Active Benefits
- What Retirees Should Know about Medicare
- ERS Online Login - make your Summer Enrollment changes online (closes at 5 p.m. on 07/23/2021).
- How to request your ERS password – enter in the ERS username you created.
- How to request your ERS username – verify your personal information and ERS will email it to you. If you have not created an ERS username, you will need to register your account.