Supporting Transgender/Non-binary People in Higher Education Settings
DATE: Tuesday, October 29, 2019
TIME: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: JCK 460/Avery 355 (streaming at Round Rock)
Presenter: Jessica Soukup, Ely Doyle, and Michael Casey
Supporting Transgender/Gender Diverse People in Higher Education Settings is a NEW professional development workshop that will introduce you to terminology and issues related to the transgender community.
- You will learn about issues facing the transgender community
- You will engage in dialogue about transgender students, faculty, and staff in college/university settings and their specific needs
- You will explore ways that you can create a more inclusive space at Texas State University for transgender and gender diverse students, faculty, and staff
- You will meet and hear from Texas State students who identify as transgender to learn more about their experiences at Texas State while negotiating their various transgender identities
How to Register:
- Sign in to your SAP Portal
- Click on the Training and Development tab
- Locate this workshop by searching for course title in search term box.
If you require special accommodations to participate, please call 5.7899 at least 72 hours prior to the event.