Thank you for considering Texas State to fulfill your career goals. For questions on veteran's preference, please contact Deana Townsend at email@example.com or call us at 5.2557. We look forward to helping you find a home at Texas State.
According to Chapter 657 of the Texas Government Code, individuals who qualify for veteran’s preference are entitled to preference in employment with the University over other applicants who do not have greater qualifications.
Learn how the Veteran's Preference process works at Texas State through this step-by-step guide.
We are excited to provide our Military Crosswalk to help you search for jobs! When reviewing a job posting you can use the Crosswalk to match the occupational codes from each branch of the U.S. Armed Forces to Texas State's job titles.
• Click the desired occupational code within the Crosswalk to review the military ratings and description for the position.
• Click on the corresponding Texas State job title to compare with the military description.
Search for positions through the Texas State Jobs website and apply for either staff, faculty, or student positions.
Indicate eligibility for veteran’s preference by selecting either "yes" or "no" in your online application. Veteran status is later verified during the application process.
Texas State is proud to provide preference in employment to:
- veterans, including veterans with disabilities;
- veterans’ surviving spouses who have not remarried, and;
- orphans of veterans who were killed on active duty.